Sunday, March 25, 2012

All good, just different!

 Back home I could hardly wait for my crocus to pop up in the springtime...thanks to Julia and Sydney I have got to see pictures of them this year.  I have enjoyed the year around  flowers down here....this one is right outside our door!  There are white callia lilies blooming everywhere.  On one of our walks, I stopped and talked to a woman who was in her yard..beautiful flowers..and asked her if the lilies bloom all year and she told me they only bloom in the spring, so I am really enjoying them while I can!!

Both of the wards we are assigned to had their Ward Conference today.  They only had a Sacrament Meeting which lasted two hours.  And in each they had a primary child (they were great) and a teenager give a talk along with the Bishop, Stake President and other ward members.  We enjoyed them both.

We did a lot of visiting this week.  Both Bishops gave a list of people they would like us to touch base with and sometimes just see if we can find someone.  Our very best friend has been our GPS...we would have spent most of our time lost except for it.  Three visits that stick out are the three older sisters we visited.in their 80 and 90's.  We always ask their conversion story and these three sisters told it in detail!! They were very delightful and you could tell they were glad for a visit.   Slowly, we are getting to know the members of the wards..our old brains are not as quick as they used to be!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that all is well and you are enjoying your time! It is nice to see things from home but also nice to see new things and meet people. I bet your hubby is having a blast with that!
    xo Bonnie

    ReplyDelete