Monday, March 12, 2012

Value of the quarter!!

I never knew that on this adventure, quarters would play such an important part of our life!!   We are so excited when we get quarters in change to add to our little supply.  One needs five quarters for each load of laundry, then another five for each dryer load. We have been advised to buy water for drinking, that takes another quarter for a gallon of water.  Newspaper takes four for the weekly paper, eight for the weekend paper.  Our world revolves having enough quarters for our needs!!

We had a wonderful visit with four sisters in our ward.  Three are single sisters raising their families and one was military whose husband will soon be deployed.  They have a cute nine month old daughter who has learned to wave.  She sat on her Mom's knee, would look at us, smile and wave over and over.  It took much restraint, but I didn't grab her and hug her.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I never would have thought that you would need quarters so much!!! It's like the college life all over again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brittney, College life all over again, and next time Hug that little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete