The Imperial Beach Ward had their Relief Society Celebration. As I was getting ready, I decided to wear my red jacket because I love it and I love red!!
On my way there, I was reminding myself to not just visit with the sisters I know, but branch out and get to know a few others. As we entered the door, we were all given a "get to know bingo card" and we had to find people in each of those categories. One of the categories was 'someone wearing red', me and another sister were the only ones....I got to meet a lot of sisters that night!! And wearing my mission badge, made it so I didn't have to spell Medsker all night.
This week has been mission transfer week. I was able to keep my same companion!! But we got a new missionary that lives here in the apartment complex. Elder Christensen and the new missionary, Elder Petersen came over last night. As we visited with Elder Petersen, we ask where he was from. He is actually from the San Diego area. He said that he was here in this area for six weeks to see if he is able to handle a mission. He has ADD and is Autistic. He has always wanted to serve a mission, so they are doing a trial run and if he feels comfortable and all goes well, they will issue and regular mission call. If not, they will give him a honorable release at the end of six weeks. We talked after they left of the courage he had to come out of his safe enviroment. He certainly had excuses not to come, but he said he had been so blessed he felt he needed to serve if he could. Faith and courage!!

That is a gorgeous picture. I love the spirit can even help you know what to wear :0) I LOVED the story!!! LOVE YOU
ReplyDeleteI think we could all learn from Elder Petersen's faith and courage. No matter the length of his mission, I feel he will touch many lives. I am happy to hear your mission is going well, and I love the lighthouse picture. When I went to girls camp last year, our theme was centered around the lighthouse :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great example Elder Petersen is! I hope all is well for you both! Love you tons! P.S.- Glad you got to keep your companion. It would be hard to change after so many years! ;]
ReplyDelete