We went out to lunch for my birthday then went shopping for a new birthday outfit. I couldn't find anything, but we did get two pair of dress pants and a new tie for my companion!! I loved the phone calls and skyping from the family...made my day!! The day ended with a knock on the door at 9:15, and the Elders gave me a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday". They are so great, we love the Elders.
We made quite a few visits this week and invited everyone to watch General Conference. One sister we visited has two little girls and her husband is deployed. We have a lot of military in our wards, the wives really support each other. We also, with the Elders, spent an afternoon helping a family who are getting their house ready to sell so they can move back to Montana. It was good to do a little physical work.
We were able to get all of General Conference on the BYU channel on television. It was so great to be able to watch conference, but we did miss serving at the Conference Center. The talks were incredible, a lot of messages to think on.

Ah, I love that the Elders came and sang to you. How sweet!! Great picture with Gary and Shelly, I am glad you got a family hug!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDelete