For our P day, we went with
We have been going out in the evenings to visit the names on the list the Bishop gave us....unfortunately we didn't get very many homes. Saturday we really struck out, we went to five homes and no one opened their doors. We heard one man telling his barking dog to be quiet, but didn't answer the door. So we came home and called a couple that live quite close to see if we could visit, and the wife said they were really busy with things and really didn't want us to come. Strike 5!! But the Gospel is true and we march on!!
One of our military men bore his testimony today in church and talked about keeping the gospel close to him when he was submerged in the submarine. He said they get one hour off on Sunday to attend church. He said he was the only Mormon, so he would go to the wardroom and would read his scriptures. He said he found himself getting frustrated and short fused with some of the guys and felt he needed to improve his church meeting. So instead of just reading the scriptures, he would open and close with a song and with prayer and sincerely study something in the scriptures. He said it really made a difference in him and how he felt. He said I realized I was never alone, I always had the Savior with me. I loved it and thought the same is true for all of us, if we get slothful in things of a spiritual nature, all things suffer.
We have a lot of down time in the day time and have been finding ways to be of more service. So this will always be referred to the week of change. We are both doing indexing of the1940 census. We have enjoyed it. We have been called to work in the temple one morning a week, for which we are much excited. Then today at church the Stake President ask to visit with us for a minute..he called Elder Medsker to be the 1st counselor in the Otay Mission Ward Bishopric. Wow, instead of wondering what we are going to do, we are going to try and keep up!!

I love the seal pictures!!! I remember when we went there and watched them!!! I am still in shock that Dad is in the Bishopric again!!! Glad you have found how to fill your time. Love you!!!
ReplyDelete