Sunday, April 29, 2012

Missionaries and Mixed Feelings!!


Elders Zackerman, Krasovec and Beazer, the Spanish Elders that live in our apartment complex stopped by to say hello.  Actually it was more of a goodbye, Elder Krasovec (yellow tie) was heading home the next morning.  The Spanish Ward had thrown him a party and let anyone who wanted too share moments about him.  He was overwhemled at the incredible things that were said, he felt he hadn't played that big of a part...very humble Elder.  Now the experience was  over and he was really struggling about having to go home.  I loved it....

We have been involved in two service projects the last two weeks.  The first one was serving dinner at the homeless shelter.  We served about 50 men and women and three children.  The way it was set up is that everyone would get a plate of food and a half an hour later, after everyone had been served they could get seconds if there was enough food.  I have to admit it really tugged at my
 heart to see grown men eat as fast as they could so they could make sure to get seconds.  Most said thank you and you could tell they meant it.

Yesterday, we were involved with Mormon Helping Hands, I have always wanted to put the yellow vest on and be a part of a service project.  I don't know how many stakes were involved but several in the San Diego area.  We are apart of the Chula Vista Stake so our projects were in the Chula Vista area.  We were a part of the picking up trash group and the other group worked on getting graffiti off the walls.  They were all talking about how strong the chemicals they used were...kind of glad I didn't get assigned there, since my asthma has been playing with my lungs a little.

On Tuesday morning we now work at the temple, we leave here about 6:30ish  and so far have made it on time even with going through San Diego rush hour traffic.  We have a lot to learn but are enjoying being in the temple.  On our shift there are two other senior couple missionaires, so it was nice to see someone we knew.

Elder Medsker has Bishopric Meeting on Tuesday evening...same as in any ward, the Bishopric is trying to keep the ward staffed. We are really getting to know the ward members in the Otay Mesa Ward.  Sister Medsker does indexing every Tuesday evening.  Actually we have been doing quite a bit of indexing during the day.....then visiting at night.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures. I love the yellow vest, a few of my friends in O'side posted picture of there families in yellow vest doing the same thingt..i am glad you posted about it,I didn't know what they were talking about. What a great service project. I am sure it was a little emotional serving lunch, what an amazing experience. I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete