Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Week of Variety!!

We worked the 2-6 shift on the temple grounds on Monday.  The temple is closed, but security asked for missionaries because there were still people coming to see the temple.  The couple we relieved said they visited four couples in their four hours.  Our first couple, on their honeymoon, came at 4:15.  I took lots of pictures of them..and then people started coming.  Members and non-members...35 in an hour and a half.  Three families with small children down from Utah for the fall break.  They had been in Sea World and stopped to get pictures!  Yea! for the parents that make the temple a part of their vacation!!  Busy, busy and fun to show people of the pictures of some of the rooms in the temple.  Three people from Vietnam were very impressed.  Great afternoon.......

We spent the week helping people get to where they needed to go, working on our list...two more had moved out; a couple of visits and went with the missionaries on another teaching appointment with Betty.  I like her, she has many questions.


We had just got home late Thursday afternoon and had a message from

Le and Deanne Spencer.  They were in town and we got together with

them for dinner!!  YEA!!  Family!!  Great visit....




We had a great fall festival on Saturday in the Otay Mesa Ward....we had a great turnout most in costumes!!
                                              We dressed up as Mormon Missionaries!!

These are our delightful Young Women!!

                                               These are the boys I have been teaching in Primary!!


                                    Water fight with the missionaries...Elder Tirrell and Elder Howard
                                                              It was a big hit!!

I baked my cupcakes early in the morning before we went for a walk.  Decorated them when we got home...then got our candy ready for the Trunk or Treat.  I was right proud of myself that everything was ready....then the phone started ringing.  The first call was from the Bishop who had been called  to work and ask Elder Medsker to take charge and give a short talk.  Next call was from the Primary President who was in charge of the event....her children were sick with the flu (husband out of town for two weeks) unfortunately her counselor had the same problem.  She started telling Elder Medsker how to warm up the casseroles and how to serve the food....he interrupted her and said...I think this is more my wife's expertise.  I was suddenly put in charge of the food, etc.  We were blessed and everyone jumped in and helped and it all went great!! One never knows what is going to happen in the day of a missionary when the phone rings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment