Wasn't General Conference incredible! The talks were so direct and powerful...can't wait for the Ensign to come so I can study them. When President Monson announced the age change for missionaries, it took my breath away!! It wasn't too long after when my phone rang and it was Jasi...."Grandma I can go on a mission next year!" I was expecting her call, it was something she has wanted for years!! Then Sydney texted "Grandma I can go on a mission in a year and a half".... Jade was later, saying she hadn't thought about it, but would have to see if the Lord wanted her to do that!! This Grandma and Grandpa Missionary's heart runneth over!! I feel like we have shifted gears in getting the gospel to the world.
We walked down to the beach between conference sessions on Saturday. We haven't been for a week or so and they are doing a "beach restoration" project. They have a huge pipe system that goes out one-half mile and are sucking up the ocean floor sand and making a larger beach. We have watched as they did it further up the beach, but when we parked and walk down to the beach, it was about the length of a football field wider. The picture is looking back under the pier and you can see the new beach jutting out and soon it will that far out all along the entire beach!! Amazing how much room there is. There is beach where they were surfing a few weeks ago! As we walked along, there were a lot of families playing at the beach, always fun to watch and even visit with. As we approached a young family with two small boys, we knew they were LDS when the parents saw us and said to the boys "wave hi to the missionaries" and these cute little faces smiled as the waved. Being a missionary has its perks!!
We went with the missionaries to teach Betty again. Last week when she left she said she had a question "Why are there so many different churches on the earth." I told her the missionaries would answer that next week and they did. They did a great job with why a restoration was needed and then taught about the it and the Prophet Joseph Smith. We added here and there, it was great. She has other questions and the great thing is the Church can answer all of them. One has to love the truth!!
The temple was closed for cleaning for two weeks. We were glad to get back to our assignment on Tuesday morning. It is such a beautiful temple and such a great experience.
We had our Member Missionary class again on Wednesday evening. A few more people came and the missionaries did a great job in teaching. Elder Medsker and I just kept smiling as questions were being ask and a member of two years and Danny, the investigator was answering them with such great insight. I love that Danny is expressing ways to teach the gospel.....
The Bishop and his family invited us over for dinner after conference. It was so fun being around a family...three teen girls and Theron who is ten, who just naturally teased his sisters. His Mom kept trying to settled him down, but I told her how I was enjoying it. Fish tacos was the menu...they were really, really good. The girls had made cookies...peanut butter ones!! They also made another kind...and were glad they had when Elder Medsker confessed it didn't like peanut butter ones!! It was funny. A great, great family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment