Sunday, July 15, 2012

Walk, Pelican and Temple

We walked to the Monument State Park right on the border and the Wednesday....we went on a very long walk...Elder Medsker said probably two miles each way...I think it was 10 miles each way!!   What an incredible view...limited somewhat because it was misty.  The pictures are taking from the park.  The first picture is the border fence going off the beach into the ocean.  The second is people in Mexico enjoying the beach.  The third is a picture of the "bull ring" where they have bull fights.



Friday...went for a walk on the beach and pier in the morning. There was a pelican just walking on the pier, hanging out. Elder Medsker was able to get very close. Later a man said it has been hanging out there for years...the pier mascot, I guess. We hadn’t seen it before. The pier is always lined with people fishing. As we were walking along, I made eye contact with one the men and ask how the fishing was...he said “so-so. And how is the fishing for people coming and pointed to my badge”. Ends up he is a Philippine member of the Chula Vista 1st Ward and he said there were quite a few members there fishing also. It is just amazing how many members we run into!! Love it!!!
The Senior Missionaries in our mission met at the temple Tuesday evening.  We met in the cafeteria and had dinner together and time to visit a little.  Then we went to the chapel and the Temple President, President Finnigin spoke to us.  I wished I could have taken notes, but I don’t think I could have taken them out of the temple!!  He said the temple is not of the earth but between earth and heaven.  The work that goes on inside brings people from both sides together.  He bore such an incredible testimony of the temple, its sacredness and its great importance.

The working with members is a great experience, we are enjoying our mission.  We have got all the details taken care of for the couple that are moving, I hope!  We have the Elders, six of them, helping us pack them up tomorrow.  I must remember the treats!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture Grandpa!! You guys look like best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it you two!!! :) you guys are such amazing missionaries!!! love you guys!!!:)

    Jasi

    ReplyDelete