It Is All In Your Perspective!!
Our Primary President asked me to take the two youngest classes in Primary, when their teachers didn’t show up. Our instant lesson was “The Beautiful World Heavenly Father Gave Us”. We talked about their favorite things on earth...animals, butterflies and bugs, etc. Then I drew a picture of a tree on the board and ask them what grows on trees that we can eat? Their immediate response was “oranges”. I was taken back for a minute, I thought for sure the answer was apples. But in Southern California the answer is oranges...it is all in your perspective!!
In our Otay Mesa Ward, there are many struggles and some shiny examples. A former counselor is a Bishopric, left his family and moved to Florida with a girl friend. It shocked everyone in the ward and his family struggled to maintain their life. The family consisted of his wife, two sons, and his aged parents, who were living with them because his father was blind. They eventually lost their house and a couple in the ward, the Duncans saw a need and invited them to come and live with them. Which they did for two years, until they could get on their feet. The mom was able to find a job as a live-in manager of an apartment complex, so they just made the move. She spoke in church a few weeks ago, incredible testimony and a message of hope. Shining examples of carrying on in life!
Elder Medsker conducted his first meeting as a councilor in the Bishopric. He did a great job!! As it was Fast and Testimony Meeting, he bore his testimony and in part talked of blessings we receive as a family. Then he told of Boomer and Ali having the alternator go out in the truck they were driving in a very small town in Colorado. And how it would take days to get a new one to them, but they were able to charge up the batteries and they were able to keep going with their families praying for them. They arrived safely in Pleasant View. His voice cracked as he said how grateful he was for the Lord’s tender mercies...I saw sisters wiping their eyes. Already they were able to see his sensitive soul!
We love seeing the example of faithful members of the church here in Imperial Beach, and are grateful to be able to serve as missionaries here!!
I LOVED this post..I remember when we went to do service with the church to go pick oranges in the orange groves, it totally shocked me. I love Dad's testimony. I know that experience has strengthened mine, there were so many things that weren't suppose to be right and were...so grateful for prayer, family and blessings!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
ReplyDelete