Monday, Jonathan drove down to see us and Emily and Mike. So fun...
We went to the Maritime Museum which consists of 12-15 boats to tour and look at...one of our favorite tourist attraction. This picture is taken on the Star of India sail boat....it is a beautiful boat.
This one is on the submarine....our family loves this one because Elder Medsker (Grandpa) tells stories of when he was in the Navy on a submarine. I always learn something new when he starts talking....I love it.
This is the Rosecrans Military Cemetery....a very sobering landscape. On the 4th of July everyone of these headstones had a small flag by it and our ward boys were able to participate in that. A very special time for them and their leaders.
Then on to Point Loma and the Lighthouse and a view of the whole area. Another favorite!
Then we went to downtown San Diego and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner then walked a few blocks to the Padre game. I quite enjoyed it...only been to one other professional game. It was a good game...unfortunately we lost.
Tuesday was our temple day, the rest went to the beach...Mike got a nice sunburn...ouch! So glad to
have them here. Wednesday morning they all left for
I had a brunch later with some of the dear sisters I have worked with in the Imperial Beach Ward, on the far right is Ann Goodfellow the dynamic Relief Society Leader. We have been able to attend their activities and I have got to go to Relief Society every week. We have worked with a few of their members.
When I got home, we went visiting to two older sisters to tell them goodbye. One we visit teach, she is 89 and can barely get around, such a sweet woman. The other we went with the missionaries a few times, she loved having them come but wasn't interested in the church. We struck up a friendship with her and go visit every few months. We found her on the couch with a badly broken arm, she was going to have surgery on Thursday. We got to meet her daughter and visit with her. Angelina has enjoyed us stopping by and we told her we were going home and she and I shed a few tears.
Thursday Elder Medsker prepared for his institute class and I started cleaning the apartment and some packing. May I just say this is feeling strange preparing to leave. I think about home then I think about our ward and there is a tug or war!
We had our Mission Ward Meeting...I love these meetings, they are so inspirational. Afterward we went to visit Sister Usher, a sister we home teach. She has lived here for a very long time and has lots of delightful stories.
Saturday more cleaning...cupboards and windows are clean! Then we went to dinner at the Bishop's. His wife was called out of town, her father isn't doing well...but they still wanted us to come and his teenage daughters prepared the dinner. Most delightful evening and the food was great!!
Today at church, people were hearing that we are going home and came up and said kind words to us. It really has been a marvelous experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment