Southern California is very muggy, muggy this week...not complaining just stating facts..well maybe a little of hoping it will change soon!! I don't like being sticky all day :)
This is a close up of some red twisted metal art. It is at a small parking place with stairs down on the beach. It is where we always park..I have always thought it was interesting but never given much thought beyond that!!
Then one day I saw it from the corner where we turned into the parking lot, I looked up and got the shock of my life...it said "ART"!! But only from one small place then everywhere else it takes on various twisted art....amazing!! Come visit and I will show it to you............
I have been counting blessings all week. We visited Fidel Monton, who hasn't been to church for couple of months and the Bishop wanted us to check on him. He has emphysema which flares up and he can't do much. He lives in his sister's garage...we knocked on the side door of the garage and he invited us in. All around the garage from floor to ceiling was storage and in the middle is a cleared area with a double bed, a couch, a chair, a rug, a television and a small refrigerator and he has a fan. That his home, very humble, very clean and he is so grateful to have a place to live. I came a way amazed at his gratitude!!
We had a High Priest Party on Coronado Island right by the Bay. Gorgeous view and wonderful people. One of the High Priests, Maurice Harwick provided the entertainment...sang old songs then went to newer ones by Elvis :) What an incredible voice. He and his wife leave in September to go on tour all over Europe for five months where he sings in all different venues. He is good!!
When we were working on the temple grounds, a father, mother and a two year old girl were walking around. Elder Medsker visited with them and they said the little girl had been saying for two days they needed to go to the temple...so there they were. I loved it!! Children often times teach their parents!!
No comments:
Post a Comment